Utkarsha Shivsharan, Manoj R. Patil, Pooja S Panpat, Vedant S. Pardeshimath
Utkarsha Shivsharan, Manoj R. Patil*, Pooja S Panpat, Vedant S. Pardeshimath
D.S.T.S Mandal’s College of Pharmacy, Solapur - 413008, Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Holkar Solapur University, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
Hyperpigmentation affects people globally with negative psychology impacts. Piper Betle Leaf (PBL) extracts has many benefits including skin lightning which may reduce hyperpigmentation. The objective of this study was to develop an effective skin lightning cream containing PBL with ideal characteristics. A formulation of PBL cream was prepared and physical properties observed. Base and PBL cream had a non-Newtonian property with acceptable color, odor, texture, and showed no phase separation. The developed PBL creams showed significant results in the reduction in melanin content.
Cite this article:
Utkarsha Shivsharan, Manoj R. Patil, Pooja S Panpat, Vedant S. Pardeshimath. Formulation and Evaluation of the Cream containing Piper Betle Leaves Extract. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2022; 13(2):67-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2022.00011
Utkarsha Shivsharan, Manoj R. Patil, Pooja S Panpat, Vedant S. Pardeshimath. Formulation and Evaluation of the Cream containing Piper Betle Leaves Extract. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2022; 13(2):67-0. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2022.00011 Available on: https://rjtcsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-2-3
1. Khoo, Y.T.; Halim, A.S. Treatment modalities for hyperpigmented skin lesions: A brief overview. J. Surg. Dermatol. 2016, 1, 71–79. [CrossRef]
2. Desai, S.R. Hyperpigmentation Therapy: A Review. J. Clin. Aesthetic Dermatol. 2014, 7, 13–17.
3. Gillbro, J.M.; Olsson, M.J. The melanogenesis and mechanisms of skin-lightening agents-existing and new approaches. Int. J. Cosmet. Sci. 2011, 33, 210–221.
4. Beresniak, A.; Auray, J.-P.; Duru, G.; Aractingi, S.; Krueger, G.G.; Talarico, S.; Adam, A.-S.; Piot, B.; Dupont, D.; De Linares, Y. Impact of pigmentary disorders on quality of life in Japan: Interest of the BeautyQoL instrument. J. Cosmet. Laser Ther. 2015, 17, 313–317.
5. Jennifer, C.; Stephie, C.M.; Abhishri, S.B.; Shalini, B.U. A Review on Skin Whitening Property of Plant Extracts. Int. J. Pharma Bio Sci. 2012, 3, 332–347.
6. Aumeeruddy-Elalfi, Z.; Gurib-Fakim, A.; Mahomoodally, M. Kinetic studies of tyrosinase inhibitory activity of 19 essential oils extracted from endemic and exotic medicinal plants. S. Afr. J. Bot. 2016, 103, 89–94.
7. Foo, L.W.; Salleh, E.; Mamat, S.N.H. Extraction and Qualitative Analysis of Piper Betle Leaves for Antimicrobial Activities. Int. J. Eng. Technol. Sci. Res. 2015, 2, 2394–3386.
8. Majeed, M.; Bani, S.; Pandey, A.; Anand-tathapudi, S. A Composition and a Method of Treating CNS Disorders and HyPerpigmentation. US Patent US12/900,727, 12 April 2012.
9. Salleh, W.M.N.H.W.; Ahmad, F.; Khong, H.Y. Antioxidant and Anti-tyrosinase Activities from Piper officinarum C.DC (Piperaceae). J. Appl. Pharm. Sci. 2014, 4, 87.
10. Smaoui, S. Cosmetic emulsion from virgin olive oil: Formulation and bio-physical evaluation. Afr. J. Biotechnol. 2012, 11, 9664–9671.