Varsha S. Tegeli, Sagar S. Satpute, Megha A. Savaisarje, Asad A. Sayyed, Sakshi P. Shete, Jahanare R. Shaikh
Varsha S. Tegeli, Sagar S. Satpute*, Megha A. Savaisarje, Asad A. Sayyed, Sakshi P. Shete, Jahanare R. Shaikh
D.S.T.S Mandal’s College of Pharmacy, Solapur, Maharashtra, India, 413008.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
The aim of the present study is to formulate and evaluate polyherbal shampoo containing natural ingredients with an emphasis on safety and efficacy. It clears dirt and dandruff, promotes hair growth, luster, strengthens and darkens the hair. The shampoo is prepared by taking the polyherbal extract from Hibiscus Flowers, Pomegranate Peels, Neem Leaves, Curry Leaves, Shikakai and Amla Fruit in different proportions. Several physicochemical tests were performed for visual assessment, wetting time, pH, viscosity, assurance of solid contents, surface tension, dirt dispersion, conditioning performance and foam stability. The formulated polyherbal shampoo is brown in color with demonstrable good froth stability, good cleansing ability, low surface tension, optimum pH and conditioning activity. Dirt dispersion of polyherbal shampoo is light in colour along with 25 ml foam height. All these are the ideal characteristics of good quality polyherbal shampoo to be used in daily life. However, further scientific investigation is required for validation of its overall quality.
Cite this article:
Varsha S. Tegeli, Sagar S. Satpute, Megha A. Savaisarje, Asad A. Sayyed, Sakshi P. Shete, Jahanare R. Shaikh. Formulation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Shampoo Containing Different Herbal extract. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2022; 13(2):87-1. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2022.00014
Varsha S. Tegeli, Sagar S. Satpute, Megha A. Savaisarje, Asad A. Sayyed, Sakshi P. Shete, Jahanare R. Shaikh. Formulation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Shampoo Containing Different Herbal extract. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2022; 13(2):87-1. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2022.00014 Available on: https://rjtcsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-2-6
1. Fatima GX, Rahul RS, Sowmya KV, Reshma I, Shanmuganathan S. Development and evaluation of a polyherbal shampoo. Adv J Pharm Life Sci Res. 2015; 3(1):13-16.
2. Potluri A, Asma SS, Rallapally N, Durrivel S, Harish GA. Review on herbs used in anti-dandruff shampoo and its evaluation parameters. Indo Am J Pharm Res. 2013; 3:3266-3278.
3. Chavan VM et al., Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Shampoo. American Journal of Pharm Tech Research 2019.
4. K. Sudheer Kumar, N. Ravindar, Shadan Nazeen , Ayesha Sana, Formulation and evaluation of hair care poly herbal powder shampoo, J Pharm Adv Res, 2019; 2(5);540-546.
5. Afaq F, Zaid MA, Khan N, Dreher M, Mukhtar H. Protective effect of pomegranate derived products on UV B mediated damage in human reconstituted skin. Exp Dermatol. 2009; 18(6):553-561.
6. Ashwini VJ, Dipak M, Daundekar A, Bhujbal N, Kshirsagar S. Herbal Hair Cosmetics- An Overview. World J of Pharm Sci. 2018; 6(9):144-152.
7. Tanya Malpani, Manali Jeithliya, Nanadini Pal and Payal Puri, Formulation and evaluation of Pomegranate based herbal shampoo, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2020; 9(4): 1439-1444
8. Kameswararao K, Lakshmiprasanna B, Aparnadevi M, Nagadevi G, Rajeswari S. Formulation and evaluation of polyherbal shampoo. IJPPR. 2018; 13(1):251-268.
9. Badi KA, Khan SA. Formulation, evaluation and comparison of the herbal shampoo with the commercial shampoos. J Basic and Appl Sci. 2014; 3:301-305.
10. Dash GK, Razak A. Formulation and evaluation of a herbal shampoo. Indo Am J Pharm Sci. 2017; 4(9):2860-2865.
11. Mendhekar SY, Tajane AS, Shitole PB, Jadhav S, Gaikwad DD. Formulation and evaluation of polyherbal shampoo and compare with marketed shampoos. World J Pharm Pharm Sci. 2017; 6(12);1388-1397.
12. Cheesebrough. District Laboratory practice in tropical Countries part II, Cambridge University Press, UK, 2006, 67-75.