Shiny Ganji, A. Chandrika, S. Mounika, K. Kusuma, D. Jyothsna Kumari, M. Sampada
Shiny Ganji1, A. Chandrika2, S. Mounika3, K. Kusuma4, D. Jyothsna Kumari5, M. Sampada6
1Bapatla College of Pharmacy, Bapatla, Bapatla Dt, AP.
2St. Ann's College of Pharmacy, Chirala.
3St. Ann's College of Pharmacy, Chirala.
4St. Ann's College of Pharmacy, Chirala.
5St. Ann's College of Pharmacy, Chirala.
6St. Ann's College of Pharmacy, Chirala.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
Herbal skin creams are mainly intended for beautification of skin. The main aim of the present research work is to prepare a face cream using different herbs and the prepared cream is evaluated for stability and anti bacterial activity. The herbs used in the formulation (F1, F2, and F3) are flowers of Clitoria ternatea, leaves of Azadirachta indica and Ocimum sanctum. The formulated cream is evaluated for the various parameters like organoleptic properties, pH, stability, consistency, skin irritation, and antibacterial properties. F1 formulation has shown good stability and antibacterial properties compared to marketed cream.
Cite this article:
Shiny Ganji, A. Chandrika, S. Mounika, K. Kusuma, D. Jyothsna Kumari, M. Sampada. Formulation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Cream. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2022; 13(2):57-1. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2022.00009
Shiny Ganji, A. Chandrika, S. Mounika, K. Kusuma, D. Jyothsna Kumari, M. Sampada. Formulation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Cream. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2022; 13(2):57-1. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2022.00009 Available on: https://rjtcsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-13-2-1
1. Tiana Fitrilia et.al, The potential of butterfly pea flower methanol extract as an antioxidant by insilico. Indonesian Journal of Applied Research. 2020; 1(3): 162
2. Manisha Bhatia et.al, Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory activities of Clitoria ternatea Linn leaves extract on rat model. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2014; 5(2): 600-606.
3. Li Hsien Chen et.al, Applications of Butterfly pea flower extract in mask development. Scientia Pharmaceutica. 2018; 86,53:1-9.
4. Archna Karel et.al, Clitoria ternatea L. A miraculous plant. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 2018; 7(9): 672-674.
5. Jiji K N et.al, Neuro pharmacological potential of Clitoria ternatea Linn- A review. Research Journal Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(11):5497-5502.
6. Tuan Putra et.al, Chemical characterization of ethanolic extract of Butterfly pea flower [Clitoria ternatea]. Food Research. 2021; 5(4):127-134.
7. Gollen B et.al, Clitoria ternatea Linn: A Herb with potential pharmacological activities: Future prospects as therapeutic herbal medicine. Journal of Pharmacological Reports. 2018; 3(1):141.
8. Vidana Gamage et.al, Anthocyanins from Clitoria ternatea flower: Biosynthesis, Extraction, Stability, Antioxidant activity and applications.Frontiers in Plant Science. 2021; 12:792303.
9. Arunava Das et. al, Antibacterial & invitro Anticancer study of methanolic extracts of Clitoria ternatea. Journal of Natural Remedies. 2020:1-2.
10. K. Kalaiselvi et.al, Antidiabetic activity of Clitoria ternatea Linn. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International. 2021; 33(61):283-288.
11. Nicolettim, Neem the tree of the 21st century, Pharmacology online. 2013; 3:115-121.
12. Paul R, Anti-cancer biology of Azadirachta indica L (neem): a mini review. Cancer Biology and Therapy. 2011, 12(6):467-76.
13. A.S.M. Mosaddek, A comparative Study of the Anti-inflammatory effect of Aqueous extract of Neem leaf and dexamethasone. Bangladesh Journal of Pharmacology. 2008:3(1): 44-47
14. G. Kaur, Nimbidin Suppress functions of Macrophages and Neutrophils: Relevance to is anti-inflammatory mechanisms. Physiotherapy Research. 2004; 18(5):419-424.
15. S. Kumar et.al, Analgesic Effect of Neem [Azadirachta indica] Seed oil, International Journal on Albino rats. Pharma and Biosciences. 2012; 3(2):222-225.
16. Ranjit R. Raut, Antimicrobial activity of Azadirachta indica against pathogenic microorganisms. Journal of Academia and Industrial Research. 20014; 3(7):327-329.
17. Borah R, Biswas S.P, Tulsi an excellent source of Phytochemicals, International Journal of Environmental Agricultural and Biotechnology, 2018; 3(5):1732-1735.
18. Rajesh H, Phytochemical analysis of aqueous extract of Ocimum santum. International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Biosciences. 2013; 2(2):462-467.
19. Antonio, M, Ocimum santum leaf essential oil and linalool reduce orofacial nociception in rodents –A behavioural electrophysilogical approach. Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia. 2011; 21(6):1043,1051.
20. Bharath B.K, Anjaneyulu Y, Srilatha Ch, Immunomodulatory effect of Ocimum santum against endosulfan induced immunotoxicity. Veterinary World. 2011; 4(1):25-27.
21. Gangadhar Manu et.al, Evaluation of Anticonvulsant activity of ethanolic extract of leaves of Ocimum sanctum in albino rats. National Journal of Physiology, Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2017; 7(7):762-765.
22. Priya Panchal, Phytochemical analysis of medicinal herb (Ocimum santum). International Journal of Nanomaterials, Nanatechnology and Nanomedicine. 2019; 5(2):008-011.
23. Pranali Wasate, Navnath Kashid, Rohini Kulakarni, A review of Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi); Protector of life: A review. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2020; 9(9):604 -620.
24. Zhang Q.W, Techniques for extraction and isolation of natural products, a comprehensive review, Chinese medicine, 2018; 13:20
25. C.K. Kokate, Preliminary Phytochemical Screening, Practical Pharmacognosy, Vallabh Prakashan Publishers, 2014; 5th ed:pp.107-111.
26. Ashish Aswal, Preparation and evaluation of Polyherbal cosmetic cream. Del Pharmacia Lettre. 2013; 5(1):83-88.
27. Parveen Ruhil et.al, Formulation and evaluation of herbal cream used in the treatment of arthritis A research. Indian Journal of Research. 2018; 7(1):356-7.
28. Payal M. Oak, Formulation and evaluation of herbal cream containing Nyctanthes arbortristis. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2019; 10(2):45-47.
29. SK Uddandu Saheb et.al, Formulation and evaluation of cream from naturally containing plant extract. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018; 7(5):851-61.
30. Nem Kumar Jain et. al. Formulation and evaluation of polyherbal aqueous gel from Psidium guajava, Piper betel, Glycyrrhiza glabra extract for mouth ulcer treatment. Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry.2020; 12(3):145-148.
31. Vinod D. Rangari, General methods of Extraction, Isolation and Purification, Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry Part 1. Career Publications. 2002; 1st ed: pp.130.
32. Sarmistha Rej et.al, Study of phytochemical constituents and antibacterial activity of Clerodendrum infortunatum. Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences.2014; 4(4):187-195.
33. Ram Kumar Sahu, Formulation and development of face cream containing natural products. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2012; 3(1): 16-19.
34. K. Atchuta Kumar, Formulation and evaluation of stable aqueous extract of polyherbal multipurpose face cream. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2017;8(1):12-18.
35. Mariyappan M et.al. Antibacterial activity of Cardiospermum halicacabum and Melothria heterophylla. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2011; 1(4):111-113.
36. Mital N Manvar, Antibacterial activity of leaves and flowers of Ipomea aquatic(convovulaceae). Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2018; 8(2):94-98.
37. Akshay R.Yadav. Formulation and evaluation of antidandruff shampoo. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2020; 11(2):55-57.