Ghadage P. K., Mahamuni S. S., Kachare D. S.
Ghadage P. K., Mahamuni S. S., Kachare D. S.*
Department of Pharmacology, Yashoda Technical Campus, Wadhe, Satara, India.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Objectives: The main objective of research study was to formulate an herbal scrub using natural ingredients incorporated into gel. In today’s life for both women and men cosmetics plays an important role to beautifying and altering the appearance of skin. The use of natural ingredients to remain healthy and of good appearance, the skin surface requires frequent cleansing to remove oil, sebum and other secretions, dead cells, crusts and applied make-ups. Herbal cosmetic has less or no side effects hence use of herbal cosmetics get increased. Methods: In this preparation, tamarind peel are used to exfoliating activity. Other natural ingredients are tamarind powder and multani mitti used to remove grene, dust particles and acne. Esthetic ingredients used in this formulation include neutralizer, moisturizer and surfactants. Among this ingredients, gelling agent and preservative was used. Results: The herbal facial scrub prepared in the laboratory was found to be comparable to the scrub with several parameters. The prepared scrub was evaluated for various parameters like colour, odour, consistency, pH, spreadability, extrudability, viscosity, irritability, washability, grittiness and foamability. Conclusion: The prepared scrub was evaluated using varies parameters and was found to be satisfactory to improve the appearance of skin without any side effects. The application of the scrub gel which helps to improve blood circulation and increases oxygen supply to all surface of the skin. After application of scrub, skin becomes softer, cleaner and refreshed.
Cite this article:
Ghadage P. K., Mahamuni S. S., Kachare D. S. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Scrub using Tamarind Peel. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2021; 12(1):39-2. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2021.00006
Ghadage P. K., Mahamuni S. S., Kachare D. S. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Scrub using Tamarind Peel. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2021; 12(1):39-2. doi: 10.52711/2321-5844.2021.00006 Available on: http://rjtcsonline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-12-1-6
1. Fatima Grace X, Anbarasan B, Kanimozhi T, Shanmuganathan S*. Preparation and Evaluation of Deep Cleansing Exfoliator. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2018; Vol. 11, Issue 7.
2. Aglawe SB*, Gayke AU, Khurde A, Mehta D, Mohare T, Pangavane A, Kandalkar S. Preparation and Evaluation of Polyherbal Facial Scrub. J Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2019; 9(2): 61-63
3. Charulata T. Nemade*, Nayana Baste. Formulation and Evaluation of a Herbal Facial Scrub. World J Pharm Res 2014; 3(3): 4367-4371.
4. Shivanand P, Nilam M, Viral D. Herbs play an important role in the field of cosmetics. Int J Pharma tech Res 2010; 2 Suppl 1: 632-9.
5. Aburjai T, Natsheh FM. Plants used in cosmetics. Phytother Res 2003; 17: 987-1000.
6. Sharma PP. Cosmetics Formulation Manufacturing and Quality Control. Lucknow: Vandana Publications Pvt. Ltd.; 195-8, 183-5.
7. Banchhor M, Ashawat MS, Saraf S, Saraf S. Herbal cosmetics: Trends in skin care formulation. Phcog Rev 2009; 3: 82-9.
8. Grace XF, Vijetha RJ, Shanmuganathan S, Chamundeeswari D. Preparation and evaluation of herbal face pack. Adv J Pharm Life Sci Res 2014; 2 Suppl 3: 1-6.
9. Yadav N, Yadav R. Preparation and evaluation of herbal face pack. Int J Recent Sci Res 2015; 6 Suppl 5: 4334-7.
10. Aswal A, Kalra M, Rout A. Preparation and evaluation of polyherbal cosmetic cream. Asian Pac J Trop Med 2012; 5: 83-88, 1-4
11. Garg, A., Agarwal, D. and Garg, S. Spreading of semisolid formulation. Pharm Tech. 2002; 9: 89-105.
12. Wallis, T.E, “Textbook of Pharmacognosy:” Edn.5th By C B S Publishers and distributors, Delhi, 2002, 37.