Chaudhari Urvashi R, Chauhan Jaydeep, Vyas Jigar, Ghodkar Janhvi
Chaudhari Urvashi R*, Chauhan Jaydeep, Dr. Vyas Jigar, Ghodkar Janhvi
Sigma Institute of pharmacy, Ajwa-Nimeta Road, Waghodia, Baroda, Gujarat 390019 India.
Volume - 11,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2020
The present investigating aims at development and evaluation of Herbal Gel using natural ingredients which gives therapeutic effect without any side effects. The gel was prepared using carbopol with addition to the natural Radish and Carrot Extract with Methyl paraben and Colouring agents. Then Gel was adjusted to Ph. 7 prepared formulation was evaluated for physical appearance, PH, Spredability, Viscosity and homogeneity, skin irritation on animal model (rabbit) and antifungal (reduces the fungal infections on skin), antimicrobial activity on human volunteers. ICH guidelines have followed for stability studies. Results reveal that gel showed good appearance, homogeneity and spread ability. Viscosity is ranging between 4200and 4500 centipoises. All formulation has shown on skin irritation to animals. The prepared gel has successfully reduced fungal infections, Bacterial infection and microbial infection and also gives Glow and Coldness effect on skin study on human volunteer. The gel was found useful in treatment of skin Rashes and produces faster skin recover and damage skin cell, produced Glow and Coldness effect on skin, antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial effects. The preparation was stable under normal storage conditions for 6 months.
Cite this article:
Chaudhari Urvashi R, Chauhan Jaydeep, Vyas Jigar, Ghodkar Janhvi. Herbal Radish and Carrot Topical gel. Research J. Topical and Cosmetic Sci. 2020; 11(2):65-69. doi: 10.5958/2321-5844.2020.00012.6
1. Marks JG, Miller J 4th ed. Elsevier Inc; 2006. Looking bill and Marks Principles of Dermatology. ISBN no. 1416031855.
3. Huynh Hogan Duy, Pham Thi kim Ngoc, Le Thi Hong Anh, Dong Thi Anh Dao, Duy Chinh Nguyen and Van Thai Than. In vitro Antifungal efficacy of white Radish (Raphanus sativus L) root extract and applications as a Natural preservative in spong cake: 21 August 2019:549.
4. Jeries Jodoun, Ahumad Yazbak, Salwa Rushrush, Amira Rudy, and Hassan Azaizeh. Identification of a new Antibacterial sulfur compound from Raphanus Sativus seeds:14September 2016: 1and2
5. Rosa Martha Perez Gutierrez and Rosalinda Luie peres. Raphanus Sativus (Radish): Their chemistry and Biology: the scientific world Journal: 13September 2004: 811, 817and 818.
6. Ramesh Kumar, Roshni Patwa. Antioxidants activity of Raphanus Sativus of Jhansi District, Utter Pradesh: International Research Journal of pharmacy:16 January 2018: 98, 99 and 101.
7. Albert E. sobel, Jerome P. Parnell, Burtons. Shemal, M.S and Dorothy K. Bradley, M.S. Percutaneous Absorption of vitamin A: The Journal of investigating Dermatology: 315, 319, 322 and 329.
8. Krishna Datt Sharma, Swati Karki, Narayan Sing Thakur and Surekha Attir. Chemical composition, functional properties and processing of carrot a review: Journal of Food science and Technology:18 March 2011:22and 23.
9. Martina Fikselova, Stanislav silhar, Jan Marecek and Helena Francakova Czech J.Extraction of carrot (Daucus carota L) carotenes under different condition:Food sci:2008: 268 to 274.
10. Sudipta D, Haldar PK, Pramanik G. Formulation and evaluation of Herbal Gel Containing clerodendrum infortunatum leaves extract.Int J Pharmtech Res 2011:3:140-3.
11. Wood JH, Catacalos G, Liberman SV.adaptation of commercial viscometers for special applications in pharmaceutical rheologysevers extrusion rheometer. J Pharm sci 1963; 52:375-8.
12. Goyal S, Sharma P, Ramchandani V, Shrivastava SK, Dubey PK. Novel anti- inflammatory topical herbal gel containing Withania somniferaand Boswellia serrata. Int J Pharm Biol sci Arch 2011; 2:1087-94.
13. Jyothi D, Koland M, Priya S. Investigation of anti-inflammatory activity of ointments containing fenugreek extract. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2014; 7:66-9.
14. Dixit G, Misal G, Gulkari V, Upadhye K. Formulation and evaluation of polyherbal gel for anti- inflammatory activity. Int J Pharm sci Res 2013; 4:1186-91.
15. ICH Guidelines. Stability Testing of New Drug Substance and Products; 27 October, 1993.
16. Singh M, Mittal V. Formulation and evaluation of Herbal Gel Containing ethanolic extract of ipomoea fistulosa. Int J sci Res 2014; 3:25-9."https://www. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/ PMC1793608/